Indianapolis Travel Guide: This post is quite over due! I went on a trip to Indy and posted everything on the ‘gram and totally forgot to make a travel guide. Better late than never, right?!
I forgot to write my post, which is quite ironic given the title. Indiana and other midwestern states get a bad rep as “fly over states.” You know what I say to that? The midwest has some of the best kept secret places because they aren’t full of tourist traps!
Indianapolis is a dynamic city with a lot to offer in terms of food, shopping, and culture. Going to give you some of my best travel tips!
Click the Photos to shop the outfit
The Ultimate Indianapolis Travel Guide
Where to Stay in Indianapolis
When I was in Indy, I stayed at The Omni which is in the perfect location! It’s close to all the best restaurants downtown and Circle Centre (a big mall). It’s walking distance to so much livelihood and I highly recommend! The Omni is a great brand and I have stayed at their hotels all over the Country from Austin to Chicago to Indy!
Other top rated hotels in Indianapolis:
The Omni is walking distance to so many things. I love how Indianapolis has horse carriages!! So adorable!
Where to Eat in Indianapolis
Let me tell you a secret about the Midwest. Hands down some of the best food in the Country. Chicago is the winner in the midwest of foodie lovers BUT Indianapolis has some fantastic options too!
This is a historic steak house in Indianapolis- and some of the finest cuisine you will eat! The Midwest is the home of steak and potatoes so there is no better place in the country to eat a fine steak.
St. Elmo’s will always be special to me. After graduation from Indiana University my family took me here to celebrate. Bloomington is about an hour and half drive to Indianapolis. We came here after my graduation ceremony to eat at this famous steakhouse!
Fast forward years later, I was back in Indiana for my best friends wedding. I took my husband to St. Elmo’s (and he’s a big foodie) and to this day he is still raving about their famous shrimp appetizer. It’s a MUST try! (photo below)
Dress up for St. Elmo’s! It’s fancy so you have an excuse to wear your heels!
Nada was right by our Hotel and I loved it!! They have build your own queso, and I was in heaven! This is Mexican food with an American twist. It would be a fun spot for brunch, birthday celebration, or just because you want good food!
Highly Ranked Food Spots
Fun Things to Do
- Eat, Drink and Be Happy! So many bars and restaurants
- Get tickets to a Colts football game
- Indiana is a basketball state! Head to a Pacers game
- Explore downtown!
So many pretty flowers and buildings in downtown Indy!
- Take the hour and a half drive to Bloomington, Indiana. Now I may be biased, but Bloomington is unusually beautiful. It’s a magical town that looks nothing like the rest of the state. It’s an oasis filled with so much beauty and of course lots of drinking. I left Florida to attend Indiana University (located in Bloomington, IN) and there is a reason so many kids from out of state attend this school!
Click the Photos to shop the outfit
Don’t Forget This!!
- Have issues getting your bag below 50 pounds (ahem, too many shoes) then you need to try doing this! You never have to stress about bag weight EVER again!
- Have a stress free vacation by staying organized. Never lose or forget an item again when you use these packing cubes. I can enjoy travel so much more when I’m organized!
- Keep your makeup organized with an affordable and best reviewed makeup case
- My favorite pink portable charger to keep all my devices charged and ready!
I hope that this Indianapolis travel guide treats you well! Check out my other travel posts that are sure to get you excited for your next vacation!!
*I use affiliate links at no cost to you. If you choose to make a purchase through my link I make a small commission. Thank you for trusting my recommendations!