REASON WHY I ONLY BUY LUXURY HANDBAGS
I love the way luxury handbags look, smell, and make me feel. Really, that’s it. Buying a luxury handbag is just that, a luxury. A luxury purchase should be spent however you please and what makes you feel luxurious. My luxury purchases usually come in the form of handbags and shoes.
I have a youtube channel where I do tons of luxury handbag reviews, luxury shoe reviews, and talk about glitz and glam. I love making videos and being part of a community that gets it. Interacting with so many like-minded fashionistas motivates me to be great. Subscribers always ask me so many questions about how to afford the luxury lifestyle that I made a playlist dedicated to how to afford luxury items.
Investing in a designer handbag is investing in yourself. I like to buy handbags to celebrate an accomplishment or a birthday, or just to celebrate myself. I grew up loving Coach and Dooney & Burke and from there it just got more designer. Coach grew into Tory Burch which then grew into Louis Vuitton, Fendi, and Dior. Next up? Probably Chanel and Hermes.
If you don’t “get” handbags or think it’s a waste of money then this article isn’t for you. Actually, I am probably not for you. I have learned through the creation of christinabtv that I can’t please everyone, and quite frankly I don’t want to. I love the community that I have built and I love that we get each other.
5 REASONS WHY I ONLY BUY LUXURY HANDBAGS
- They make me feel good. To me, a luxury purchase should make you feel some kind of way. I genuinely feel happy when I see a beautiful handbag. I don’t feel excited when I see “non-luxury” handbags. Does that make me materialist? Maybe. Do I care? No.
- Designer usually means quality. Don’t get me wrong, there are some really amazing contemporary designers out there that make high-quality bags such as Tory Burch. However, nothing compares to the buttery leather of a lady dior or the durability of Louis Vuitton canvas.
- Knock-offs bother me. I can’t stand designers who copy everything another designer does (ahem, Michael Kors) like please come up with your own ideas. There is enough room in the fashion industry for everyone to be great.
- Resale purposes. I know that if I no longer wear my luxury handbag that I can sell it and make a lot of my money back. The pre-loved market for designer bags is booming and handbags are becoming “investment” pieces.
- When you look good, you feel good, and when you feel good you act well. It’s a trickle effect. I use to always wear cute outfits to school because I would perform better in class. It’s psychological. When I feel good about my outfit it ignites my inner soul and I do good for the world.
I have a few handbags on my current wishlist. I will link them below.