Last Updated on December 7, 2022 by christinabtv
How to look skinny
I was thinking about what to write about in today’s blog post at the same time I was having deep cravings for Cheesecake Factory cheesecake (and pasta). I ordered some Hazelnut cheesecake, because why not? A girl’s got needs. It made me think of the blogger community and how we need to get ahold of the very serious eating crisis we have at hand.
There is a fine medium between eating like garbage and destroying your body and eating nothing but air and lettuce and also destroying your body. As women, we see a revolving door of visual context throughout our day. Instagram promotes these “perfect lives” and “perfect bodies” which are constant reminders of what we should and should not be eating, or even worse how we should and should not look.
Outfit Details (Click for links)
A little back-story. I consider myself a small/skinny person and I also feel confident about my current weight but there are other women who are smaller than me and there have been times I have been like “wow, should I look like that?” I hate when those thoughts come to my mind. Don’t compare yourself to others, it doesn’t do you any good. For me, it’s about being happy. I want to be happy looking in the mirror and seeing my progression with a healthy lifestyle but I also want to enjoy cheesecake and pasta.
Everything in moderation, ladies. You can eat your salad and have your cake too. My suggestion is to learn your body. There may be foods you are allergic to or that make you bloated. Learn what these triggers may be by cutting everything out and slowly re-introducing them back into your diet. From there, follow a plan that is mostly healthy eating with “cheat meals” on Saturday or maybe even Sunday too.
Nevertheless, there are just days that you want to look skinny, and no one should make you feel bad for wanting to feel that way. Here are my tips and tricks to make yourself look skinny even if you think you arent..
How to look skinny when you’re not
- Jean that make you look amazing like these! They suck in any unwanted fat and jeans are a thick material that doesn’t show bumps or imperfections. It’s so hard to find jeans that fit (no matter your size) and I love how size inclusive this brand is- from 00 to plus size!
- These leggings are my go-to and also amazing to make you look skinny AF!
- Invest in Spanx. Every girl should have a pair. I don’t care how skinny you are, they will make you look even smaller.
- Elongate your legs. This is your excuse to wear heels! The taller you appear, the smaller you look.
Outfit Details (Click for links)
Best Tips to Look Skinny
- Drink lots of water. The more water you drink the more you have to urinate and the less water weight you hold. Have problems drinking enough water? Try this!!
- When taking photos keep your legs at a distance from each other. Even if you don’t have a natural thigh gap it creates an appearance of one. (Side note: thigh gap does not equate “skinniness” it really just has to do with the anatomy of your body, but I get it many people like the way it looks).
- Wear a hat when you feel like your face is bloated. My face always looks its worst when I have PMS. I love this ciao baseball hat.
- Fake tans make you look about 10 pounds skinnier. I have no idea why, but when I get a tan and look at my stomach it looks drastically different than when I’m in all my pale glory. This makes you look like a supermodel. However, be careful with tanning in the sun (use sunscreen) and tanning beds are correlated with skin cancer. Your best bet is to do a spray tan (just don’t inhale the fumes).
- Stick your chin out in photos (avoids getting the double chin)
- Wear an outfit that you love and that fits you well. Confident girls are the prettiest girls!
Check out my top 10 outfits from Amazon that make you look flawless but don’t cost you much!
Photography credit: Studio Magnolia
*I use affiliate links at no cost to you. If you choose to make a purchase through my link I make a small commission. Thank you for trusting my recommendations!