Last Updated on January 1, 2018 by christinabtv
New Years Resolution
New Years Resolution. Happy 2018! It’s so crazy that another year has come and gone! I wanted to take some time to reflect on 2017. Honestly, it was a very wonderful year (for me). I spent the majority of 2017 planning my wedding and the big day happened in August. It was the most beautiful wedding filled with so much love.
We gained a new family member! Augustus our doggie (meet him here) is the newest member of the fam. He is the sweetest dog I have ever met! I am not just saying that because he is mine. I rescued him as a Christmas gift for Bryan. He loves other dogs and people. He loves attention and to be pet. He rarely barks and doesn’t growl at people. He’s seriously the friendliest dog.
I have some exciting news! Bryan accepted a new job and we are moving. We currently live in Tampa, FL but will be moving to Miami, FL very soon. I am originally from Miami and a lot of my family still lives there. Bryan’s mom lives in Miami too. So it’s pretty much our homecoming. I will miss our friends and house in Tampa, but I know this will be an easy transition. We have started house hunting in Miami and it has been so fun! Now that I am leaving Tampa I think that it would be fun to do a house tour of the home we lived in for a couple years.
Youtube and Blog Goals
- New 2018 schedule: I am excited to announce that I will be posting new blog posts and youtube videos every Monday Wednesday and Friday. This should make it easier for those of you interested in my videos and posts to know when to check my website and channel 🙂
- I am going to be incorporating more vlogs on my youtube channel. I think that many of you like the “casual vibe” of them. I will still mostly upload my usual reviews, unboxings, formal videos but I would like to add vlogs to the mix
- The blog will be receiving more lifestyle/beauty posts. I do mostly fashion on here but I would like to incorporate more niche topics such as shoe reviews, handbag reviews, and more beauty.travel.lifestyle posts.
Health & Fitness Goals
- Back to clean eating! I want to incorporate a schedule of clean eating every day with a cheat meal on Saturday. For me, cheat meals are important. They keep me on track and motivated to continue. Living life without pizza and pasta is not living life at all. However, I want to feel and look good. Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels, right? I can have the best of both worlds if I eat clean the majority of the time and indulge once a week.
- What is clean eating? Is it low carb? Vegan? Pescatarian? Honestly, it’s so confusing. I think everyone’s body is different and what works for one person might not work for another. However, a plate that is full of vegetables and moderate fruits is always a good idea. My goal this year is to figure out a way of eating that works for me.
- Excercise! I know that setting a goal to exercise 5/6/7 days a week won’t work for me. I won’t do it and I can’t workout when I work 12 hours shifts at a Hospital. So for me, my goal for 2018 is to workout twice a week and start incorporating more classes into my routine. Classes are great to learn new exercises, socialize, and they keep you on track.
- Now that I am married, my financial goals will be in sync with my Husband. I must say it is weird to have to talk finances with someone other than myself. My goal for 2018 is to be open in communication with finances and set goals as a couple.
- Continue to develop my 401k. I did a great job with that in 2017 and I want to improve and do even more saving in 2018.
- Invest. Bryan and I would like to look into investments to help hit long-term savings goals
- No impulse purchases in 2018. I will be creating wishlists for spring, summer, fall, and winter. These lists keep me on track to purchase the items I actually want instead of spending my money on impulses.
- It cost a lot of money to run a blog. Not to mention all of the photographer costs, clothing costs, new equipment. My goal for 2018 is to set a “blogging budget” each month. This will help me not overspend and leave me more money for luxury purchases such as a new handbag or a trip somewhere nice.
- Remember that “you don’t have to have everything at once.” I can improve and build my wardrobe over time. This will be my motto for cutting down on impulse purchases.
- Sell more on poshmark. I feel very cathartic when I clean out my closet. This also helps me pocket some money to use for new items.
- Learn to be a better cook. Learning to cook was one of my goals for 2017 and I have improved so much over the year! This year, I want to expand my knowledge and spend less money ordering food and focusing on making home-cooked meals.
- Travel more. There are so many places I want to go! I would love to travel more, which also means I need to save more.
- Nail down a night time routine. I don’t like to go to bed stressed. My goal for 2018 is to fine-tooth my nighttime skin care routine, incorporate more candles/incense, and read more books before bed.
What are your resolutions this year? Do you like any of mine? I hope that all of you have a beautiful year filled with lots of love, health and happiness!
Photography Credit: Studio Magnolia